TWINNING CONTRACT “TR 11 İB JH 02”: Support to Establishment of Ombudsman Institution in Turkey
Implementation period: 1 April 2014- 1 April 2016
The Contract is implemented with the partnership of the Spanish and the French Ombudsman institutions.
Project purpose: Support to the establishment of the Ombudsman institution in Turkey at its inception phase of operations to develop into a prominent body in line with the European standards and the Paris Principle.
- The organizational structure of the Ombudsman is improved in accordance with the best European practices and the human resources capacity of the institution are strengthened.
-The assessment of the existing legislation underlines the Ombudsman in light of the acquis and European Union best practices.
In order to achieve the above mentioned results, during the implementation period of the contract the following activities will take place:
-Kick off meeting of the Contract
-Needs analysis and drafting internal procedures and operational manuals.
- Strategic Management Plan for the Ombudsman Office and introduction of a public relation unit
- Training of Trainers
- Training of the relevant personnel of the Ombudsman
- Placement of experts in the Spanish and French Ombudsman Offices
- Study visits
- Workshops on the existing legislation.