Born in Ünye in the year 1966. Completed his high school education level in Ünye İmam Hatip High School.
Graduated from the Faculty of Law at İstanbul University in the year 1990. Worked as a lawyer in the Legal Department of ISKI. Then he became General Director of Bilge Consulting.
After being elected as the member of İstanbul Provincial General Assembly in the Local Election of the year 2009, he worked as the Head of the Law Committee. Following his membership in Usküdar Municipality Assembly in the local elections of the year 2014, he became the president of Usküdar Municipality Assembly.
Assigned to the position of Ministerial Advisor through a Decree signed by High Excellency Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, the President of Republic of Turkey, Mr. Ahmet Davutoğlu, the Prime Minister of Turkey, and Mr. İdris Güllüce, the Minister of Environment and Urbanization on 22.10.2014. Worked as the Acting Head of Natural Heritage no.2 of İstanbul province under the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization. While working as a Ministerial Advisor in the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, he was elected as the Ombudsman by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights under TGNA. Married with 3 children.
Social and Cultural Activities
He became an executive board member of Lawyers’ Association, member of Board of Ethics under the Faculty of Medicine in Medeniyet University; a member off Higher Consultation Board of Architects and Engineers Group, member of Language and Literature Association, and worked as the Head of Usküdar Municipality City Council Culture and Art Committee.
He was one of the founder members of Association of Environment Foundations which is at the status of Beneficial Foundation for the Public. He also founded Kutup Yıldızı Health Volunteers Foundation and has been working as the Secretary General of this Foundation for 12 years.
His articles on recent history were published in various magazines and newspapers. His works were deemed worthy by Turkish Literature Foundation and Esra Film. His first art of work named as “Öteki Anadolu” was published in the year 1999.
His book namely “Darbe, Esaret ve Ölüm” narrating the Coup D’état on May 27, was published in the year 2004 and his work namely “Türkiye’nin Demokrasi Tarihi” comprised of two volumes was published in the year 2010. Completed his Master Degree at the Faculty of History under İstanbul University.
He is also among the writers of two magazines namely Şehir ve Kültür, Dil Edebiyat Dergisi.
Born in Ankara on November 13, 1970. Completed her secondary education and high school level at Ataturk Anatolian High School in Ankara between the years 1981 to 1988.
Her career continued as a free-lance lawyer between the years of 1994 to 1997; as the Lawyer and Head of Legal Department in the Office of PTT Director-in-chief in Bursa between the years of 2007 to 2008, as the Minister Advisor in the Ministry of Labour and Social Security between the years of 2008 to 2009; as the Minister Advisor in the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication between the years of 2009 to 2014; as the Legal Advisor of PTT Corporation between the years 2013 to 2014; as Acting Executive Director of PTT Corporation on 02/09/2013; as the Deputy General Director of Insurance Premiums under Social Security Institution on 10/05/2014; as the First Legal Adviser in Social Security Institution between 12/05/2016 to 12/12/2016 and as the Prime Ministry Advisor (Partial Assignment) between the dates of 03/08/2016 to 12/12/2016.
Elected as the Ombudsman by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights under TGNA on November 2, 2016.
Foreign Languages: English (good), German (medium)
Married with 2 children
– 2009 TOBB ETU SEM Information Technology Law
Projects and Other Works
– Decree-in-law no.655 on Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication
– Postal Services Law no. 6475
– The Law on Liberalisation of Turkish Railway Traffic no.6451
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings of the Law on Organization and Duties of DG for Highways no.6001
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings of the Regulation regarding Law on Public Offer of Bridges and Highways Income according to the Law on Privatization no.4046
– Follow-up of revising and law effectiveness proceedings for the Law on Regulation of Publications on The Internet and Suppression of Crimes Committed By Means of Such Publications no.5651.
– Follow-up of revising and law effectiveness proceedings for the Law on Electronic Communication no.5809.
– Participating in revision works for the State Bidding Law no. 2886 on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings for the Articles no. 11: Warranties and no.11/a: Credit/Loan Proceedings under the Law for conducting some of the Investments and Services within the scope of Build-Operate and Transfer Model no. 3996.
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings for the Law on Amendments to the Law on Labour no.6552 and Decree-in-Laws and restructuring of some of the dues
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings for the Law on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Family and Social Policies no.6518 and on the Amendments in some of the related Laws and Decree-in-laws.
– Writing of Directive on Supporting Research and Development Projects on Electronic Communication, Aeronautics and Space Sector dated September 12, 2012 with ref.no.28409
– Writing of Accident Research and Investigation Board under the the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication dated May 6, 2013 with ref.no.28639
– Writing, follow up and ensuring coordination for other laws and secondary regulations required on other issues which are under the responsibility of the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication
– Coordination of development and information on secondary regulations for the structuring of premium debts and others as required by the Law no.6552, which are under the responsibility of DG for Insurance Premiums under the Social Security Institution.
– Working proceedings and procedures for the Legal Advice Departments under the Social Security Institution.
Born in Pınarhisar (Kırklareli) on August 15, 1963. Following his primary and secondary education level, he passed public boarding school examination and attended to İstanbul Technical School of Civil Works. Completed his secondary education level in that school. Graduated from Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences in Marmara University.
Continued his career which started at H.Nimet Özden Foundation in the year 1980, with several press institutions as journalists between the years of 1984 to 1986, and as a contracted civil servant in the Department of Finance under Turkish State Railways between the years 1987 to 1988. Following passing the Examination of DG for Foundations for the Position of Assistant Inspectors, he was assigned as the assistant inspector to DG for foundations through official approval dated 04.11.1988. Worked in this DG as an assistant inspector for a period of 3 years. Following passing Special Competence Examination for Assistant Inspectors, in line with relevant regulations, he was assigned to the same DG as the Inspector. After working as an Inspector in DG for Foundations for 16 years, he was assigned as Foundations Council Member through a Decree dated 04.06.2004 with ref no. 2004-5008. Worked as a Foundations Council Member in the DG for Foundations between the dates of 17.06.2004 to 12.12.2016.
Elected as the Ombudsman by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights under TGNA on November 2, 2016 pursuant to relevant articles defined under the Law on Ombudsman Institution.
Within the scope of “Authors, Intellectuals and Artists of the Year 2009” by Writers Union of Turkey, he was selected as the “Poet of the Year” for his poem book namely “Meğer Aşk İmiş”. His poems were published in many magazines namely “Ayane, Kardelen, Kayıtlar, İslami Edebiyat, Kırağı, Özülke, Seher, Kalem ve Onur, Edebiyat Ortamı, Düş Çınarı, Bir Nokta, Ay Vakti, Mor Taka, Anadolu Çınar, Dil ve Edebiyat, Türk Dili ve Yeni Edebiyat Yaprağı”.
Other works of the Poet are as follows:
– Şiir Nöbetleri, Ayane Publications, Ankara, 1990 (Poem)
– Geçmiş Zaman Düşleri, Denge Publications, Istanbul, 1995 (Poem)
– Ses Ver Bana, Beyan Publications, Istanbul, 1998 (Poem)
– Sözün Ateşi, Esra Sanat Publications, Konya, 1998 (Essay)
– Bana Aşkı Sun, Timaş Publications, 2004 (Poem)
– Sanki Bahar, Istanbul Publications, 2009 (Poem)
– Meğer Aşk İmiş-Poems, Istanbul Publications, 2009 (Poem)
– Hayal Aynası, Nar Publications, Istanbul,2012 (Poem)
– Kırk Odalı Deniz, 2014, Istanbul Publications (Poem)
– Günlerin İçinden, 2016, Çizgi Publishing House (Travelling Journals)
Married and the father of Ahmet and Elif.
Born in Suruç-Şanlıurfa on May 7, 1966. Completed his primary education level in Suruç Ağırbaş Village; and his secondary education in Suruç-Şanlıurfa and Nizip-Gaziantep. Graduated from the Faculty of Law in Istanbul University in which he was accepted in the year 1984, in May 1988. Following his internship of law and his short term military service in Şanlıurfa, between the years 1990 to 1999, he worked as a free-lance lawyer in Birecik-Şanlıurfa.
Elected as the member of the parliament in General Election of 1999 from Şanlıurfa list of Virtue Party. During this period, he was assigned a member of Committee of Justice and the secretary general of the Presidency Council under TGNA.
Following the closure of Virtue Party in the year 2001, he became one the founders of Justice and Development Party.
Elected as the member of the parliament in General Elections of the years 2002, 2007 and 2011 from the list of Justice and Development Party.
Worked as the Head of Committee of Petitions in TGNA for a period of five years between the years 2002 to 2007.
Worked as a member of Committee of Justice and as Head of Committee of Petitions in TGNA between the years 2007 to 2011.
Worked as the member of the Committee of Constitution and Group Head of Turkey and Qatar Fellowship.
Worked actively for the awareness and promotion of Turkey’s Ombudsman Institution. In this regard, for a period of seven years, through his position as the Head of Committee of Petitions, he worked as if he was the ombudsman in Turkey in a way.
Participated in various organizations within or outside the country such as panels, seminars, meetings and workshops etc., including development of the Law on Ombudsman Institution at the ministerial level. He also met with various European Ombudsmen and Heads of Committee of Petitions for the establishments of an Ombudsman Institution in Turkey.
He actively participated in the developmental process for the best accountable ombudsman model for Turkey, taking into account the best examples around the world.
At his own request, he did not stand for parliamentary candidateship in 2015 Elections and ended his active political career.
Elected as the Chief Ombudsman by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights under TGNA on November 2016.
He speaks Kurdish and English well.
Married with 6 children.
Chief Ombudsman Şeref Malkoç was born in Trabzon in 1960. He completed his primary, secondary and high school education in Trabzon. While he was in high school, he was the regional chairperson of National Turkish Student Association (MTTB) secondary education committee. He graduated from İstanbul University Law Faculty in 1982. He practiced law in Trabzon for 10 years. During this period, he also worked as an executive in many NGOs including Yavuz Selim Foundation and Trabzon House of Culture. He gave lectures on Constitutional Law at Karadeniz Technical University (KTU), Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences.
He worked as the Trabzon Provincial Chairperson of Welfare Party (RP). He represented Trabzon in the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) during 20th and 21st parliamentary terms, between 1995 and 2002. As the Member of Parliament, he served as the spokesperson of the Justice Committee, Vice Chairman of the Constitutional Committee and Vice Chairman of Turkish-German Interparliamentary Friendship Group. He prepared the defenses for RP and Virtue Party (FP) closure cases and defended these Parties in front of the Constitutional Court. He was Vice Chairman for RP, FP and Felicity Party (SP). He wrote the complaint petition for the Case of February 28 Coup plotters.
He also worked as an executive for several national and local radio and TV stations. He was the representative of the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) for two years in the Supreme Election Council. During his tenure, he contributed to the March 30, 2014 Local Election, and Presidential Election on August 10, 2014 as well as General Elections of June 7, and November 1, 2015. His articles and op-eds on Constitution and Presidential System have been published in various journals and newspapers. His book, “The New Constitution and The Presidential System in 40 Questions”, has been recently published. He was appointed as a Chief Advisor to H.E. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, the President of Turkey, on December 2015.
Mr. Malkoç was elected by the General Assembly of Grand National Assembly of Turkey as the Chief Ombudsman on November 15, 2016 and took his office on December 5, 2016.
He is married with 3 children.
Ombudsman Institution has been established with the adoption of the Act numbered 6328 and published at Official Gazette in 29/6/2012 at number 28338. The Ombudsman Institution which is attached to the Turkish Grand National Assembly, has legal personality, has a separate budget and is centrally based in Ankara. The purpose of the Institution is to establish an independent and efficient complaint mechanism regarding the delivery of public services and investigate, research and make recommendations about the conformity of all kinds of actions, acts, attitudes and behaviours of the administration with law and fairness under the respect for human rights. Natural and legal persons including foreign national may lodge complaints to the Ombudsman Institution.